|Treat Ailments with Lemon!|
Lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C, that impart with its antioxidant properties. It also contains carbohydrates (11 g), proteins (1 g), fats, (0.9 g), vitamin C (39 mg), magnesium (373 mg), potassium (270 mg), calcium (70 mg), phosphorus (10 mg) and fibers (1.7 g).In this post, find out how lemon can be effectively used in treating and preventing common health ailments:
- An excellent poultice can be prepared by mixing a pinch of curcuma powder to a tsp of milk cream & 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Administration of the same would help ripen and heal blood boils without allowing them to become septic.
- To treat dandruff, add to a bowl of curd, a tsp of lemon juice & rub on the scalp. Rinse hair after an hour. Also, massaging the scalp with a few drops of lemon juice mixed in coconut oil treats dandruff well.
- To get rid of acne, prepare a paste by adding a tsp of Lemon juice to a spoonful of fuller’s earth & sandal wood powder each. let it dry and wash off after 20 minutes.
- For weight loss, add to a warm glass of water, a tsp of honey & lemon juice each. take this preparation early morning.
- Drinking lemon in hot water with a teaspoon of honey is also an effective remedy against colds.
- To whiten teeth, rubbing a slice of lemon with a pinch of salt and baking soda helps attain the same.
- To relieve indigestion and constipation, cut ginger into small pieces and dip it in a cup containing lemon juice. Add black salt and leave it for two hours. This preparation can be taken after meals to ease the problem.
- Squeeze lemon in a glass of lukewarm water and add a pinch of black salt. Have it twice daily to improve bowel movement.
- To treat dark lips, apply a mixture of coconut oil and lemon before going to bed.
- Lemon can also be used as a natural hair conditioner. Squeeze half a lemon in water and use the same to rinse hair after shampoo.
- For skin pigmentation, rubbing lemon peel over pigmented skin, such as ankle and knee, lightens the area.
- Lemon juice has astringent properties and is also used as a gargle for throat problems.
- For the treatment of dehydration and diarrhea, lemon juice makes a good base for oral electrolyte solution.